The “CabinetMaker HDX” was developed by CWI Woodworking Technologies as the ultimate high production CNC for today’s kitchen or closet manufacturer. The CabinetMaker HDX is available in both 5’ x 10’ and 4’ x 8’ working area with fully automatic loading and automatic unloading of the machined work pieces.
The CabinetMaker HDX has an automatic loading panel lift system, an automatic advance unloading conveyer table, an extremely strong welded steel beam frame with a rotary tool changer on the gantry, 13 HP router spindle and a 9 spindle drilling head. Like all CNC built by CWI the CabinetMaker HDX offers better performance, quality, components and features than any competitive machine in its class. The CabinetMaker HDX is extremely fast and allows the operator to simply stand at the end of the unload table and remove cut parts as they unload from the machine.
The loading lift system allows the operator to load a lift of panels at one time on a heavy steel platform with automatic rise indexing. Using a vacuum cup loading system the machine pulls each panel onto the CNC table for machining while at the same time unloads the previous machined parts and vacuums the machining table clean at the same time. The lift will automatically index the next panel to the correct height for the four 6” vacuum cups to pick it up for the next machining process. The machined parts are pushed onto an automatic advancing conveyer table which senses the panels to be removed. Once the parts at the end of the conveyer are removed by the operator the conveyer will automatically advance the next cut parts to the end of the table and wait for the operator to remove them. An optional printer is available to label parts for tracking throughout the customer’s factory.
The base of the machine is a 6000 pound very heavy duty welded steel beam floor model frame. The phenolic vacuum table is then mounted to the steel frame for an excellent working surface and comes with an MDF spoilboard machined at the factory and bolted down to the table. We use plastic bolts (extras are also supplied) to ensure no damage to cutters from contact. The spoilboard is bolted to the table to ensure stability during the loading and unloading process. If the spoilboard is not bolted down the loading cups/pusher bar could possibly force the spoilboard out of position while performing its function. The other great feature of the pusher bar is it also vacuums the table surface as it unloads the cut parts. Also included with the HDX is the German made Becker 300 cubic meter per hour vacuum pump which offers plenty of holding power to keep parts in place while machining. Under the frame are six heavy duty 6” diameter adjustable feet to make sure of a solid footing on the shop floor.
The massive gantry rides on extremely accurate German WMH Herion helical rack and pinion and linear guide ways for each of “X”, “Y” and “Z” movements. The gantry movement is powered by Delta servo motors and controllers for a cutting speed of up to 975 inches per minute and a travelling speed up to an amazing 3120 inches per minute. We use two very strong Delta digital servo’s for the “Y” axis and one each for “Z” and “X”. Having two servo’s on the “Y” (length of the machining area) is very important for performance, strength and accuracy of the machining process. The router spindle is a high quality Italian made Hiteco HSK-63 9.5kw (13 HP) three phase motor which comes with 10mm, 20mm, 3/8” and ½” high precision ER32 collets. Hiteco is one of the leading manufacturers of CNC spindles throughout the world and are used on all of the CWI high production CNC’s. The CabinetMaker HDX offers 8” of “Z” travel while providing up to 2” of machining height as this machine is dedicated to panel processing. Also included is an Italian made HSD 9 spindle drilling head in 32mm increments in an “L” shape allowing up to 5 shelf holes to be drilled at a time. The advantage of the drilling head alongside the router spindle is it allows the machine to drill shelf holes, 8mm and 35mm holes without the machine having to take the time to change tool holders. Also to improve machining speed is the rotary tool holder attached to the gantry with eight holder positions for the HSK-63 chucks and tooling. Having the tool changer on the gantry saves time in the machining process so the spindle only travels to the end of the gantry to load tools instead of traveling to the back of the machine. Attached to the loading lift is a tool changing station and wrench for quick and easy changes of tooling. A tool measuring device is also a key feature to allow quick measurements on new loaded tools. Also included is an automatic lubrication system to keep the THK linear guideways fresh and clean.
The machining area is just under 61” x 121” with a clearance height under the pusher bar of 2”. The HDX is also available in an optional 49” x 97” working area (4’ x 8’). The HDX has a pneumatic reference bar system which automatically positions the panel on the table for machining.
For operation of the machine we include an Italian made Osai controller with USB connection and a magnetic hand held manual control controller. The manual controller lets the operator make trial runs or adjust for broken tooling with ease. The Osai controllers are the most technically advanced systems for CNC use which work similar to today’s window based technology. The “guts” of the HDX is a very elaborate control box full of Schneider CSA contactors, fuses and holders, Delta Inverter, Omron safety switch controls, and Delta Digital Servo controls. We use Omron micro limit switches for controlling stops and movements of the home positioning. The HDX is fully CSA certified for use in Canadian commercial applications or anywhere users need higher quality electrical protection.
The HDX is able to operate on either three phase power or single phase power with a phase converter we can supply. We recommend a standard 80 amp 220 volt circuit breaker. The entire gantry and machining area is enclosed in a large safety shield to keep hands away from the machining area as well to help control dust. For dust collection we include a main 8” port with pneumatically controlled connections to the drill head, router spindle and pusher bar for cleaning the table surface. A typical set up for this machine requires about 14’ x 36’ of floor space.
Options for the CabinetMaker HDX are automatic bar coding, label printer, software, cutting tools, working area size, dust hose, dust collection and extras Chucks and collets.
CWI Woodworking Technologies is a leading producer of some of the best CNC routers available today. Our customers tell us so!!
- Working size: 61” x 121” x 2” (5’ x 10’) (Optional 4’ x8’ Available)
- 13 HP (S1) Hiteco HSK-63 Italian ATC Industrial Air Cooled Spindle
- 9 Spindle HSD Italian made Drilling head
- Pusher Bar with Vacuum to unload panels and clean work table
- Automatic Indexing Panel Lift System
- Automatic Vacuum Cup Panel Load system
- Automatic Advance Unloading Conveyer table
- Dust Collection in front of, below and over top of Conveyer
- Pneumatically Controlled Vacuum Connections (8” Port)
- 8 Positions Rotary Tool Holder Magazine
- Automatic Tool Measuring System w/Pneumatic Clean Devise
- Automatic Lubrication System
- HSK-63 Tool Holders (One Included w/machine)
- ER32 Collets (1/4”, ½” 3/8” and 20mm Included with machine)
- Tool Holder Wrench
- Convenient Tool Changing Station
- Phenolic Vacuum Table w/Six Zone Control
- Becker 300 cm/h German Made Vacuum Pump
- OSAI Control System (Extremely Easy Functions)
- Mobile Electronics Cabinet w/Key Lockable Door
- USB Information Transfer Ports
- Magnetic Manual Machine Movement Controller
- Delta Digital Servo Drivers and Motors (Two in “Y” and One each in “Z” and “X”)
- Very Reliable Mechanical Homing System with Limits Control
- Japanese Omron Limit Micro Switches
- DELTA Three Phase Motor Inverter
- SHIMPO Servo Gear Reducers
- German WMH Herion Helical Rack & Pinion on X&Y Axis
- Precision Ball Screw Z Axis
- Robust Cable Holding Carrier Rated for over 300,000 bends
- Traveling Speed up to 260ft/min
- Working Speed up to 81ft/min
- Schneider CSA Contactors and Breakers
- Schneider CSA Disconnect w/Safety Lockout
- Japanese Omron Limit Micro Switches
- CSA Certification
- THK Linear Rails
- Pneumatic Reference Bars (for aligning panel for machining)
- Tool Measuring Sensor
- 3PH 220V 60HZ (Phase Converter Available for Single Phase Operation)
- CSA Certification
- Floor Space 10’ x 34’
- 6000LB Shipping Weight
- Working Area 4’ x 8’
- Automatic Bar Code Printer
- Label Printer
- Single Phase Electrics
- Delivery and installation