CWI-S3761 37″ Wide Belt Sander
This heavy duty SandX 37″ x 60″ single head wide belt sander is available in both single phase and three phase power offering more features and performance than any other sander in its class. A true step above for any woodworking shop looking for a small good quality wide belt sander. SandX Abrasive machines are built to very high standards for woodworkers needing exceptional performance but still at reasonable value.
The CWI-S3761 begins its list of features with a very strong 10 HP TEFC single phase motor (Optional 15 HP Three Phase) powering the combination finishing head with 2″ platen for excellent abrasive finishing of woodworking projects and an above average 6″ maximum work piece thickness. Tracking trueness of the abrasive sanding belt is done electronically for constant “maintenance free” usage of the belt tracking mechanism. Many competitive machines use pneumatic abrasive belt tracking components which require constant maintenance of diaphragms, pumps and air lines which deteriorate over a period of time. The SandX wide belt sander uses an electronic eye system with micro switches to activate the oscillation of the sanding head to keep the sanding belts tracking properly on the machine. There is a very simple belt tracking adjustment on this machine in which the operator simply rotates a lever from side to side to properly tension the sanding belt for tracking. For sanding belt safety there are micro switches at each side of the belt which will activate the disc brakes immediately if the belt travels too far left or right.
Another very important feature is the electronic work piece measuring devise. Simply set your work piece on the measurement platform, hold the table rise button till the wood hits the measurement pin, and the machine will automatically set the height at the appropriate level for sanding that work piece. No need for calipers or tape measures. The table will electronically rise and fall with a 1/4 HP motor to easily set the desired height. Measurements are available in either metric or imperial measurement. SandX wide belt sanders also offer electronic limit switches, safety shut down bar and fast acting disc brakes. The machine will automatically stop if you experience a sanding belt breakage.
The variable speed rubber conveyer belt travels at 13-52 feet per minute by a very strong 1 HP feed motor and is controlled by an easy adjust automatic tracking devise. The conveyer table is supported by very heavy duty jack screws for years of trouble free table adjustment and trueness.
SandX wide belt sanders are built with an abundance of quality features to ensure years of exceeding performance…. at a very affordable price.
- CWI-S3761 10 HP TEFC 220 Volt Single Phase Motor (60 Amp Draw)
- Optional CWI-S3760 15 HP Three Phase 220 Volt Motor (41.3 Amp Draw)
- Combination head with 100mm dia Drum at 75 Durometer with 2″ platen
- 1/4 HP Power Rise and Fall Table
- Automatic Tracking of Conveyer Belt
- 1 HP Conveyer Belt Feed Motor with Variable Speeds of 13′ – 52′ / minute
- Photoelectric Sanding Belt Tracking and Oscillation
- Easy Adjust Belt Tracking with Single Lever
- Automatic Disc Brakes in case of belt breakage
- Safety Emergency Push Stop Bar at front of machine
- Centralized Control Panel with Amp Meter
- Electronic Work Piece Thickness Measurement
- Rubber Pressure Rollers to ensure proper work support
- Sanding Belt Size 25″ x 60″
- Maximum Working Height of 6″
- 2 Dust outlets at 4″ dia
- 53″ X 51″ X 66″ Floor Space
- Machine Weight of 1606 LBS
- Shipping Crate 57″ x 53″ x 76″
- CSA Certified