This Single Phase power heavy duty SandX 25″ x 60″ single head wide belt sander offers more features and performance than any other sander in its class. A true step above for any woodworking shop looking for a small good quality wide belt sander. SandX Abrasive machines are built to very high standards for woodworkers needing exceptional performance but still at reasonable value.
The CWI-S2561 begins its list of features with a very strong 7.5 HP TEFC motor powering the combination finishing head with 2″ platen for excellent abrasive finishing of woodworking projects. Tracking trueness of the abrasive sanding belt is done electronically for constant “maintenance free” usage of the belt tracking mechanism. Many competitive machines use pneumatic abrasive belt tracking components which require constant maintenance of diaphragms, pumps and air lines which deteriorate over a period of time. The SandX wide belt sander uses an electronic eye system with micro switches to activate the oscillation of the sanding head to keep the sanding belts tracking properly on the machine.
One of the exclusive features on the SandX wide belt sander is the abrasive belt cleaning devise on the sanding head. This air jet cleaning feature ensures better sanding belt life whether you are using cloth or paper belts by blowing dust free from the belts abrasive surface while at the same time keeping the belt at a cool temperature to ensure less break down of the sanding material.
Also a very important feature is the electronic work piece measuring devise. Simply set your work piece on the measurement platform, hold the table rise button till the wood hits the measurement pin, and the machine will automatically set the height at the appropriate level for sanding that work piece. No need for calipers or tape measures. The table will electronically rise and fall with a 1/2 HP motor to easily set the desired height. Measurements are available in either metric or imperial measurement. SandX wide belt sanders also offer electronic limit switches, safety shut down bar and fast acting disc brakes. The machine will automatically stop if you experience a sanding belt breakage.
The variable speed rubber conveyer belt travels at 13-52 feet per minute by a very strong 1 HP feed motor and is controlled by an easy adjust automatic tracking devise. The conveyer table is supported by very heavy duty jack screws for years of trouble free table adjustment and trueness.
SandX wide belt sanders are built with an abundance of quality features to ensure years of exceeding performance…. at a very affordable price.
- 220 Volt Single Phase Electrics
- 7.5 HP TEFC 220/1/60 Motor
- Combination head with 120mm dia Drum at 75 Durometer with 2″ platen
- 1/2 HP Power Rise and Fall Table
- Automatic Tracking of Conveyer Belt
- 1 HP Conveyer Belt Feed Motor with Variable Speeds of 13′ – 52′ / minute
- Photoelectric Sanding Belt Tracking and Oscillation
- Automatic Disc Brakes in case of belt breakage
- Safety Emergency Push Stop Bar at front of machine
- Centralized Control Panel with Amp Meter
- Electronic Digital Work Piece Thickness Measurement
- Air Jet Belt Cleaning and Cooling
- Four Pressure Rollers to ensure proper work support
- Sanding Belt Size 25″ x 60″
- Maximum Working Height of 5″
- 2 Dust outlets at 4″ dia
- Machine Weight of 1694 LBS
- CSA Certified