CWI Woodworking Technologies is proud to offer our extremely high quality EU series of edgebanders, manufactured by Roi in our factory in Spain with the latest in technologies available today. The Roi EU series of machines are available in 3mm, 5mm and 8mm edging capacities and offer options like pre-milling, glue scraping, edge scraping, corner rounding, nesting tracers, spray lubricants and PUR glue capabilities.
The Roi CWI-EB1000EU-XP high production pre-milling edge bander is an 8mm solid wood capacity machine, offering extreme performance and very advanced features that are usually found on more expensive machines. The footprint of this machine is 4983mm (196”) which offers a very solid, well equipped production machine is a reasonable amount of floor space.
The Roi EB1000EU-XP comes standard with Dual motor diamond pre-milling, touch screen controls with self-diagnostics, top/bottom trimming, saw blade end trimming, high frequency motors, edge/radius scraping, glue scraping and buffing. It is the ideal machine for a mid-sized production shop looking to build very high quality finished product in kitchen cabinet or millwork production. Options for this machine in different configurations include corner rounding and PUR glue options.
The control panel of the machine is a 10” colour touch screen OMRON NB series user friendly control with direct connection to the PLC, providing quick access and monitoring of all machine functions like start/stop, program editing, parameters check & editing, alarms visualization, PLC I/O diagnostics, all in real time. This LCD screen with LED backlighting also offers multi-language support and 128 Mb of memory for storage of screen data and job programs. The Synchronization of all working units is controlled by an encoder system. Pneumatic tubing is oversized to allow for adequate air to the units as they require to perform functions continually and perfectly synchronized in a production environment.
The Pre-milling station uses two independent high frequency motors which power two diamond milling cutterheads. The cutterheads have a diameter of 100mm and a height of 30mm (opt. 65mm) and use diamond insert tooling cutters. The pressure of the pre-milling station is pneumatically controlled and guarantees not only a perfectly straight, square and chip free working surface, but also allows for a considerably better glue penetration into the freshly milled panel assuring a higher quality bond and glue line.
The structure of the Roi edgebander is built with a ridged centre beam, which is made of precision machined steel for mounting all the various working groups. This robust construction prevents the transfer of vibration from the high frequency motors to the workpiece. The steel pressure beam of the machine is equipped with a dual row of rubber wheels, which hold the panel firmly to the high quality 75mm wide drive chain below it, ensuring a solid grip for perfect tape application and machining.
The removable quick change gluepot features dual temperature probes, so the glue temperature is not only consistent in the pot itself, but at the glue roller as well where it meets the panel for maximum adhesion efficiency. The edging material is pressed onto the panel by a power driven cylindrical steel pressure roller, followed by a second and third, smaller diameter free running conical rollers to ensure solid contact of the material to the top and bottom edges of the panel.
Front and rear end trimming is carried out by two independent high frequency motors, each equipped with 100mm saw blades which are supported by hardened and ground cylindrical guideways. The first motor performs the edge cutting at the front of the panel and the second carries out the rear edge trimming. The sawblades can be tilted at angles between 0 – 10 degrees for a superior finish of the end trim cuts.
Top and bottom trimming is carried out by two independent high frequency driven trimming units. These units are equipped with horizontal and vertical tracers for precise referencing of the panel edge to be trimmed. Large conical rollers are used for these tracing station to minimize damaged caused by the tracing stations and allow for the use of high gloss and 3D effect panels and edges. The trimming stations can also be tilted between 0 and 20 degrees to achieve and optimum finish.
The edge/radius scraping station gives the finishing touch on the radius of the PVC/ABS edging after the top and bottom trimming units to eliminate any tooling marks from the trimming station. The station is equipped with dust collection and air blowers to ensure a clean working surface and is guided by rollers for both horizontal and vertical tracing.
A glue scraping station follows the edge/radius scraping station which is designed to remove any remaining glue residue as well as perfectly match any remaining edging to the top and bottom edges of the panel. The glue scraping station uses floating knives to follow the panel edge perfectly and is equipped with dual air blowing nozzles to ensure that scraping station tracers are kept clean to ensure accuracy.
Finally, the material passes through the buffing station, which consists of two independent units with tilting motors and hard cotton buffing wheels. The buffing station is designed to remove any remaining glue residue, restore the colours of the pvc/abs edging and polish the edge finish after the trimming and scraping operations. The machines mechanical, electrical and electronic parts are covered by a 12 month warranty and is fully certified for use in Canada to CSA standards.
The Roi EU series of edgebanders are truly the most advanced mid-sized shop machines available today with features, performance and technology that has proven to be a machine users will love to own and use.
- Power requirements: 3 phase 220v 60Hz
- Edgebanding material: Melamine, PVC, Polyester, Wood, Formica
- Pre-Milling unit with Diamond Tooling
- Triple Pressure Rollers
- Chain Drive Feed System with Dual Row Rubber Rollers on Steel Pressure Beam
- 7” LED Omron Touch Screen Control Panel with Self Diagnostics
- Dual High frequency Motor Top/Bottom Trimming
- Dual High frequency Motor Saw Blade End Trimming
- Edge/Radius Scraping Station
- Glue Scraping with Floating Knives
- Buffing Station
- Working speed: 9m/min and 14m/min
- Thickness of the edging material: 0.4-3mm in PVC/ABS and up to 8mm solid wood strips
- Thickness of the panel: 10-60mm
- Minimum panel length: 120mm
- Minimum panel width: 75mm
- Compressed air connection: 6-7 BAR (90-100psi)
- Total power installed: 12.9 Kw/39.2 amp
- Dimensions installed incl. support table(LxWxH): 4983mm x 1073mm x 1485mm (196”x42”x58.5”)
- Machine net weight: 1270 Kg (2800 Lb)
- Dimensions in shipping crate (LxWxH): 4800mm x 900mm x 1635mm (189”x35.5”x64.5”)
- Machine shipping weight: 1552 Kg (3415 Lb)
- Duo-Melt Gluepot for use of EVA and PUR glues
- 65mm Height instead of 30mm on Pre-Milling cutters
- Corner Rounding unit
- Nesting tracers on trimming and scraping units to allow work with hinge holes, dado’s, rabbets
- Automatic positioning of the pressure rollers from the control panel (2 pos)
- Automatic positioning of the top/bottom trimming units from the control panel (2 pos)
- Automatic positioning of the edge/radius scraping units from the control panel (2 pos)
- Spraying units for glue release/polishing liquids