New Model Coming Fall 2021 with Vacuum Table, Fourth Axis Capable and Improved Dust Collection
Photos of New model will be coming soon!!
The Professor V2.3 is truly the ultimate in bench top CNC routers. This machine is more robust, more accurate, has more features, is faster and has better quality than any other bench top CNC in the world. The components used, standard features, optional features and Italian air cooled motor spindle are the best of the best. This machine is designed by CWI for hobby, professional and educational users looking for ultimate performance. For users looking for larger footprints we also have this new series available in 24″x51″and 48″x48″workingsizes.
Under the cast frame are four 2” diameter adjustable feet for solid support on the workbench, or for mounting to the optional welded steel stand. For educational users, we have a newly designed optional deluxe steel cabinet stand on casters with multiple doors and drawers for storage. In addition we have mated this stand with a three door enclosure with electrical interlocks for sound and safety concerns. The adjustable gantry is a full 1” thick-machined aluminum frame (including the support arms as well as the cross members), which rides on accurate THK linear guide ways.
The gantry moves on 5/8” diameter precision ball screws in both X and Y movements by quality stepper motors. For the motor on the HDX we use the industry leading commercial quality HSD 1.5kw (2 HP) 3-phase electrical spindle that comes with 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” high precision ER25 collets. The 3-phase motor is then converted by a Delta phase inverter to run at 0-18,000 rpm on single-phase 220-volt power. HSD is the leading Italian manufacturer of CNC spindles throughout the world. The HSD spindle motor offers just under 8” of Z travel while also utilizing a heavy-duty 5/8” ball screw and stepper motor.
The machining area is just under 24” x 36” with a gantry clearance height of just under 8”. This speedy and powerful machine can travel at 315“/minute and cut at up to 195“/minute. To make set up simple we include a tool measure devise for making accurate measurements of tool height when starting your projects. To operate the machine we use a NC Studio model NK105 G3 hand held controller. Simply download your work program from your computer to a memory stick, slide it into the USB port on the control panel and the hand held controller works everything from there – perfect for ease of operation and keeping your computer out of the dusty world of your workshop.
New for 2022 are an enhanced design dust hood collection set up, new Bakelite Dual Layer vacuum table for more options with work piece hold down work and now the machine comes pre-wired for a fourth axis rotary attachment. We also now offer optional single phase vacuum pumps and rotary attachments that allow machining up to a 5″ diameter work piece. We have also introduced two new larger sized sisters to the V2.3 as well as the option of all three sizes with four position automatic tool changers.
The “guts” of the Professor is a control box full of Schneider CSA contactors, fuses and holders, motor controls and NC Studio control boxes. We use Omron micro limit switches for controlling stops and movements of the home positioning. The Professor is fully CSA certified for use in Canadian and American schools and commercial applications.
The Professor V2.3 operates on 220-volt power on a standard 15-amp 220-volt circuit breaker. For dust collection we include a dust boot with a 2.5” dust port to connect to standard dust hose. The Professor ships to our customers in a wooden crate measuring 63” x 43.5” x 48” and weighs in at 550 pounds.
Operating software is not included with the machine but is sold separately. CWI recommends the Vectric CNC products. We stock V-Carve Pro, Cut3D, Photo-Carve and Aspire. Other options you may want to consider are cutting tools, dust hose, or a heavy-duty stand.
- Working area: 23.6” x 35.5” x 7”
- Bakelite Dual Layer Vacuum Table
- 2 HP HSD Italian industrial air-cooled spindle
- Pre-Wired Fourth Axis Ready
- ER25 precision router bit collets
- 1/8”, 1/4” and 1/2” collets included
- Very Robust Ground Cast Iron base frame
- Machined 1” thick aluminum gantry and support arms
- Gantry clearance of 7.87”
- NC Studio NK105 G3 handheld controller
- USB information transfer port
- Advanced electronics cabinet
- Stepper Class 2 Heavy Duty drive motors
- DELTA 3-phase motor inverter
- SHIMPO gear reducers
- Heavy duty 5/8” precision ball screw Z, X & Y axis
- Traveling speed 315”/minute
- Maximum working speed 195”/minute
- THK linear rails
- Tool measuring sensor
- Schneider CSA electronics
- Omron micro limit switches
- Deluxe Dust Collection hood w/2.5” connection
- CSA certification
- 1PH 220V 60HZ
- Plywood crate
- Heavy duty steel stand with 2 tool drawers
- Deluxe Cabinet Stand with Casters and multiple Doors and Drawers for Storage.
- Metal Enclosure with Three Electrical Interlock Access Doors
- Vacuum Pump for Hold Down Work
- Fourth Axis Rotary Attachment
- 24″ x 51″ Working Area (CWI-CNC2451V)
- 48″ x 48″ Working Area (CWI-CNC4848V)
- Four Position Automatic Tool Change
- Vectric V-Carve Pro software
- Vectric Aspire software
- Starter tooling kit