The “CabinetMaker Pusher” was developed by CWI Woodworking Technologies as a high production CNC to increase the capabilities of today’s kitchen or closet manufacturer. The Pusher is available in both 5’ x 10’ and 4’ x 8’ working area and offers an increase in production capabilities by featuring manual loading and automatic unloading of the machined work pieces. The CabinetMaker Pusher and the CabinetMaker HD are exactly the same machine except for a smaller gantry height on the Pusher and the ability to automatically unload the work pieces onto an optional home built exit table or conveyer unload system.
The “Pusher” and the “HD” both offer the same welded steel beam frame, rotary tool changer on the gantry, 13 HP router spindle and a 9 spindle drilling head. Like all CNC built by CWI the CabinetMaker Pusher will offer better performance, quality, components and features than any competitive machine in its class. The base of the machine is a 4500 pound very heavy duty welded steel beam floor model frame. The phenolic vacuum table is then mounted to the steel frame for an excellent working surface and comes with an MDF spoilboard machined at the factory and bolted down to the table. We use plastic bolts (extras are also supplied) to ensure no damage to cutters from contact. The spoilboard is bolted to the table to ensure stability during the unloading process. If the spoilboard is not bolted down the pusher bar could possibly force the spoilboard out of position while performing its function. The other great feature of the pusher bar is it also vacuums the table surface as it unloads the cut parts. Also included with the Pusher is the German made Becker 300 cubic meter per hour vacuum pump which offers plenty of holding power to keep parts in place while machining. Under the frame are six heavy duty 6” diameter adjustable feet to make sure of a solid footing on the shop floor.
The massive gantry rides on extremely accurate German WMH Herion helical rack and pinion and linear guide ways for each of “X”, “Y” and “Z” movements. The gantry movement is powered by Delta servo motors and controllers for a cutting speed of up to 775 inches per minute and a travelling speed up to 1800 inches per minute. We use two Delta digital servo’s for the “Y” axis and one each for “Z” and “X”. Having two servo’s on the “Y” (length of the machining area) is very important for performance, strength and accuracy of the machining process. The router spindle is a high quality Italian made Hiteco HSK-63 9.5kw (13 HP) three phase motor which comes with 10mm, 20mm, 3/8” and ½” high precision ER32 collets. Hiteco is one of the leading manufacturers of CNC spindles throughout the world and are used on all of the CWI high production CNC’s. The CabinetMaker Pusher offers 8” of “Z” travel while providing up to 2” of machining height as this machine is dedicated to panel processing. Also included is an Italian made HSD 9 spindle drilling head in 32mm increments in an “L” shape allowing up to 5 shelf holes to be drilled at a time. The advantage of the drilling head alongside the router spindle is it allows the machine to drill shelf holes, 8mm and 35mm holes without the machine having to take the time to change tool holders. Also to improve machining speed is the rotary tool holder attached to the gantry with eight holder positions for the HSK-63 chucks and tooling. Having the tool changer on the gantry saves time in the machining process so the spindle only travels to the end of the gantry to load tools instead of traveling to the back of the machine. At the back of the machine is a tool changing station and wrench for quick and easy changes of tooling. A tool measuring device is also a key feature to allow quick measurements on new loaded tools. Also included is an automatic lubrication system to keep the THK linear guideways fresh and clean.
The machining area is just under 61” x 121” with a clearance height under the pusher bar of 2”. The Pusher is also available in an optional 49” x 97” working area (4’ x 8’). For ease of machining we include a set of three pneumatic reference pins which allows the operator to quickly and accurately locate the work piece in the same home position every time. No mistaking where your router bit will find the work piece.
For operation of the machine we include an Italian made Osai controller with USB connection and a magnetic hand held manual control controller. The manual controller lets the operator make trial runs or adjust for broken tooling with ease. The Osai controllers are the most technically advanced systems for CNC use which work similar to today’s window based technology. The “guts” of the Pusher is a very elaborate control box full of Schneider CSA contactors, fuses and holders, Delta Inverter, Omron safety switch controls, and Delta Digital Servo controls. We use Omron micro limit switches for controlling stops and movements of the home positioning. The Pusher is fully CSA certified for use in Canadian commercial applications or anywhere users need higher quality electrical protection.
The Pusher is able to operate on either three phase power or single phase power with a phase converter we can supply. We recommend a standard 80 amp 220 volt circuit breaker. The router spindle and drill head are shrouded by a safety enclosure to keep hands away from the machining area as well to help control dust. For dust collection we include a main 8” port with pneumatically controlled connections to the drill head, router spindle and pusher bar for cleaning the table surface. The Pusher ships to our customers on a wooden pallet measuring 93” x 180” x 84” and weighs in at 4900 pounds.
Options for the CabinetMaker Pusher are software, cutting tools, working area size, dust hose, dust collection and extras Chucks and collets.
CWI Woodworking Technologies is a leading producer of some of the best CNC routers available today. Our customers tell us so!!
- Working size: 61” x 121” x 2” (5’ x 10’) (Optional 4’ x8’ Available)
- 13 HP (S1) Hiteco HSK-63 Italian ATC Industrial Air Cooled Spindle
- 9 Spindle HSD Italian made Drilling head
- Pusher Bar with Vacuum to unload panels and clean work table
- Pneumatically Controlled Vacuum Connections (8” Port)
- 8 Positions Rotary Tool Holder Magazine
- Automatic Tool Measuring System w/Pneumatic Clean Devise
- Automatic Lubrication System
- HSK-63 Tool Holders (One Included w/machine)
- ER32 Collets (1/4”, ½” 3/8” and 20mm Included with machine)
- Tool Holder Wrench
- Convenient Tool Changing Station
- Phenolic Vacuum Table w/Six Zone Control
- Becker 300 cm/h German Made Vacuum Pump
- OSAI Control System (Extremely Easy Functions)
- Mobile Electronics Cabinet w/Key Lockable Door
- USB Information Transfer Ports
- Magnetic Manual Machine Movement Controller
- Delta Digital Servo Drivers and Motors (Two in “Y” and One each in “Z” and “X”)
- Very Reliable Mechanical Homing System with Limits Control
- Japanese Omron Limit Micro Switches
- DELTA Three Phase Motor Inverter
- SHIMPO Servo Gear Reducers
- German WMH Herion Helical Rack & Pinion on X&Y Axis
- Precision Ball Screw Z Axis
- Robust Cable Holding Carrier Rated for over 300,000 bends
- Traveling Speed 150ft/min
- Working Speed 65ft/min
- Schneider CSA Contactors and Breakers
- Schneider CSA Disconnect w/Safety Lockout
- Japanese Omron Limit Micro Switches
- CSA Certification
- THK Linear Rails
- Pneumatic Reference Locator Pins (for aligning work piece)
- Tool Measuring Sensor
- 3PH 220V 60HZ (Phase Converter Available for Single Phase Operation)
- CSA Certification
- Floor Space with Optional Unload Table 9′ x 24′
- Shipping Weight 4900 lbs
- Working Area 4’ x 8’
- Automatic Loading
- Single Phase Electrics
- Delivery and installation